What’s more important to a business than its customers and their related data? We’d say nothing. That makes your role within the IT infrastructure vital. As you begin to search for your next opportunity, you need a salesforce admin resume that uses data to tell a story of success.
This resume guide, along with the corresponding salesforce administrator resume example will cover the following topics:
- The responsibilities of a salesforce admin
- How to write a salesforce admin resume (tips and tricks)
- The best format for a salesforce admin resume
- Methods for compiling each section of your resume (summary, work history, education, skills)
- Professional resume layout and design hints
For more assistance with your all-important application, Resume.io offers resume guides and resume examples for 350+ professions, plus an intuitive resume builder.
What does a salesforce admin do?
Broadly, salesforce admins perform the key role of ensuring that this customer relations management (CRM) platform runs smoothly so that businesses can track transactions and customer data throughout the sales lifecycle. They help develop a system that accommodates all the needs of the business.
Salesforce admins customize the platform to mesh with a business’s goals and integrate all its databases and other software to create a streamlined sales process. They upgrade and configure the system, support users, and may also be tasked with training and creating reports.
Salesforce holds a third of the CRM market with about 150,000 customers, 62 percent of those in the United States, according to TrueList.
How to write a salesforce admin resume
Before you begin customizing an implementation, you need to know the structure of the system. The same is true of your salesforce resume. Your CV should contain the following elements:
- The resume header
- The resume summary (aka profile or personal statement)
- The employment history section
- The resume skills section
- The education section
Now that you know what to include, we will move on to how best to include it all.
Choosing the best resume format for a salesforce admin
Our salesforce admin resume example uses the reverse chronological order format in which you list your employment history and educational background from most recent on back. This standard format is the best way to go for two main reasons.
The first is recruiters. While you may think it’s a great idea to grab the attention of a recruiter by developing a resume that’s uniquely yours, the truth is that recruiters want to quickly glance at your resume and find the information they seek within seconds. Any more and your carefully crafted salesforce admin resume pdf will end up in the circular file.
The second is the ATS. Not only do applicant tracking systems use algorithms to pull in your information, but their ranking systems are also geared toward the norm. Reverse chronological order will save you from having to cut and paste your resume into standard ATS boxes.
Resume summary example
The best salesforce admin resume samples offer a strong summary to give employers a picture of your personality and top skills. Because this is the most unstructured section, we suggest developing it last—once you have thought through the path of your career and your best skills.
Consider using the outline of sentences below as a guide:
- An introductory sentence on your career to date
- A description of your greatest achievement
- A reason you want this particular job
- What you will bring to the job that will make your employer’s life easier
Maintain a professional tone, but try to allow your personality to come through in your summary, also called a profile. Part of what a recruiter wants to know is whether you will fit in with the existing team.
Highly analytical and detail-focused Salesforce Administrator with over four years of experience in leveraging Salesforce to optimize CRM processes. Proven track record of successfully implementing system improvements, optimizing workflows, and fostering user adoption through comprehensive training and support. Eager to contribute expertise in Salesforce configuration and management to enhance operational efficiency and drive business success.
You may be tempted to let AI do your work for you, especially in this difficult-to-write section, but is it a good idea? This blog will help you decide.
Additional IT resume examples may be helpful before you begin writing your salesforce resume:
- Systems Analyst resume sample
- Technical Project Manager resume sample
- Computer Science resume sample
- Network Engineer resume sample
- IT Director resume sample
- Software Engineer resume sample
- Film and Video Editor resume sample
- Motion Graphics Artists resume sample
- Network Systems Analyst resume sample
- 3D Animator resume sample
- Web Developer resume sample
- Programmer resume sample
- Data Scientist resume sample
- IT manager resume sample
- Data Analyst resume sample
- IT Project manager resume sample
Employment history sample
The employment history section of your salesforce admin resume forms the backbone of your argument for an interview. It is here that you detail all your achievements and how you apply your skills using data, details, and strong words to show you are a person of action.
Use each bulleted item to highlight a different aspect of your job. Avoid using phrases that don’t add information such as “responsible for” or “tasked with”. Instead , focus on results and the actions you took to achieve them.
Salesforce Administrator at US Small Business Administration, Charlotte, NC
February 2020 - Present
- Conducted thorough analysis, assessments and maintenance of Salesforce databases in a client/server environment.
- Spearheaded migration of CRM data to Salesforce, substantially improving data accuracy and operational efficiency.
- Efficiently developed and maintained user roles, security settings, and profile configurations to ensure data security.
Junior Salesforce Administrator at Federal Aviation Administration, Charlotte
June 2019 - January 2020
- Worked with senior Salesforce experts in gaining experience and knowledge of Salesforce administration.
- Collaborated in the implementation of Salesforce Lightning, enhancing user experience and productivity.
- Played key role in development of custom reports and dashboards to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
Personalize for the best results
A resume is a living document that responds to the needs of each employer—or it should be. Reorganizing your bulleted items to target each job, rewriting your summary section, and tweaking your skills are essential steps for enhancing your chances at that coveted interview.
CV skills example
The skills section of any salesforce admin resume example is an at-a-glance look at what the candidate brings to the table. But it also tells employers what that candidate believes is most important for the job and if those abilities match their needs.
Choose skills that your prospective employer lists in the job description, remembering that you cannot be a great salesforce admin if you are not an excellent listener and communicator. These and other soft skills balance the technical knowledge you will certainly list here.
You probably have more skills than you realize. Take inventory by brainstorming any attributes you can think of that you use on the job or in life. When it comes time to compile your skills list, draw from this tool to ensure you don’t overlook an ability that could give you the edge you need.
- Salesforce Configuration
- Data Management
- User Training and Support
- Report and Dashboard Creation
- Collaboration and Communication
- Data Flow Diagrams
- Database Automation
- Data Security Standards
Salesforce admin resume education example
The education section is the most straightforward part of your salesforce admin resume. It is simply a listing of all your academic achievements, in reverse chronological order. Most employers prefer that you have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
This section may also include any professional certifications or awards you have earned. If you have many and you have the space, you may break these out under a separate heading.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, University of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC
June 2015 - August 2019
- Concentration in Database Management
Salesforce Administrator Certification, Private Business & Sales School, Charlotte, NC
2023 - Present
Resume layout and design
Finding the balance between eye-catching and easy-to-read is the key to an excellent design. Because you will be attaching your document within the ATS, a salesforce admin resume pdf that looks as good as it reads is a must. Resume.io’s expertly designed templates are a great starting point.
Here are some layout principles to follow:
- Use a different font for your headings and body text
- The headings should be about one-third larger than the text
- Color makes a great highlighter when used with discretion
- Maintain margins of at least three-quarters of an inch all around
Remember that you are creating what will be the visual first impression of you. Salesforce administrators need to be organized and detail-oriented. Make sure your design reflects that image but carefully proofread and avoid a busy design.
Key takeaways for a salesforce admin resume
- Salesforce admins are both big-picture thinkers and nuts-and-bolts actors. Make sure your resume reflects both.
- Consider completing your employment history and skills sections before tackling your summary.
- Create a well-rounded skills section by broadening out from listing only your technical know-how.
- Your design also speaks to your professionalism. Great salesforce admin samples pay as much attention to the layout as they do to the content.